Training Summary
Swim: 2 miles
Bike: 15 miles
Run: 14 miles
Once again, thanks to everyone who’s donated this week. I feel this part of the blog could become a bit repetitive...but it really is appreciated.
So week 3...I’ve been in the pool a couple of times (it would have been three if I’d have remembered my trunks...apparently swimming with a rudder is against Olympic regulations!), been out on the bike and on my long run; another 14 miler. It was pretty hard to drag myself out of bed for the run on Wednesday, but it turned out to be a gorgeous morning. Fresh, crisp and clear blue skies. I’ve put a picture up, taken at the Bay, looking back at Cardiff from the barrage.
I’ve been making my way through the ironman bible ‘Going Long’ this week. Apparently it’s important to predominantly focus on the swim and cycle disciplines so you’re not a complete mess when it comes to the run. So along that vein of thought I went out on the bike with my mate, Will this Saturday...
...For those of you that don’t know Will, he’s into his biking (unhealthily into it). He also judges the success of a ride on the basis of how close he came to death. Anyway, the ground was pretty wet and there were plenty of puddles, bogs and muddy pits etc around. As Will skilfully and swiftly evaded these, I took more of a ‘as the crow flies’ approach, straight-lining my way through the forest and ‘Dawn Frenching’ (à la Vicar of Dibley) any puddles in my way. It has to be said, these tactics seemed to be working....until I found myself vaulting the handle bars and embracing an Oak tree. Still, all’s well that ends well!
In other news. Speedo’s have arrived, I’ll be giving them their debut this week ;)
Keep up the good work.
Markx
Hey Mark! Just caught up with your blogs!
ReplyDeleteI really take my hat off to you! Amazing stuff! Keep it up like this and you are sure to complete the Ironman in no time!
Cheers
Rob x