Training Summary
Run: 16 miles
Bike: 0
Swim: 4 miles
Hi again.
Firstly, I’m really pleased with the response to my facebook message so far. Thanks to all that have donated. It definitely makes the training worthwhile when people are so enthusiastic about the charity and event.
I kicked off this week with a 14 mile run. Plodded along in around 2 hours or so and it wasn’t too bad. Started to have the conversation of ‘why are you doing this?’ with myself at about the 9 mile mark, but managed to get through it. My big toe on my right foot was hurting for a few days after, so I think I might have to get some new insoles for my trainers. I’ve heard stories of people’s toenails falling off when training for marathons, so I hope it’s not the start of that....
Also, I’ve been in the gym twice and played squash (I lost, but let’s not talk about it).
On the swimming side of things, I was in the pool 3 times last week. I went to the ‘long distance’ tri sesh on Sunday, which was definitely a step up in quality. The coach has pointed out a few things that are wrong with my stroke so I’m working on them. It feels weird though- a bit like learning to walk again. Hopefully improvements will follow! His next package of advice was to invest in some speedos...he’s a nice guy actually...used to be a priest.
Of course I’m joking. But I think am going to have to join the lycra brigade sooner than I thought, so ladies watch out!
Just as an aside, I’m still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I’m writing a blog. If I start using ‘smileys’ and ‘lol’ing I can only apologise. Looks like I could turn into Hannah Montana before I become an Ironman. lol :$ lmao!
Once more, please donate if you haven’t already :)
Take Care.x
No comments:
Post a Comment