So...as I’m asking for your money, I thought I should keep you all up to date with my training progress. Each week I’ll write a summary of my training and how I’m getting on with it. Hopefully I’ll get some photos up on the donation website too.
Training Summary
Swim: 3 miles
Run: 16 miles
Bike: 0 miles
Dear Diary,
Every so often the magnitude of this task hits me. Its 9 months until the Ironman and my preparation to date has largely consisted of watching youtube videos. To be honest, they’re mainly inspiring, but when you see clips of people collapsing in a shaky mess, it’s pretty scary; serious stuff.
This week kicked off with an 11 mile run which was okay. My plan is to do one big run each week, gradually upping the distance. I’ve hit the pool a couple of times and have been in the gym as well. I had my first training session with the Cardiff Tri Club on Thursday and I’m hoping they’ll be able to offer me some much needed advice, especially with regard to my swimming.
I was a bit worried about being the worst there, but there was a mix of abilities (from ‘I shave everything to swim faster’ to ‘I think you should shave that because it’s unhygienic’) and the club was really welcoming. I was one of the rare few sporting a swim short, but I suppose that’s what happens when you’re surrounded by people that take their swimming seriously. Anyway, I’m going to keep the shorts for the time being. I’m not quite ready for a banana hammock...even if it will take three tenths off my split.
I think that’s it for this week. Hope you enjoyed week 1’s instalment.
If you haven’t already, please donate!
CLICK TO DONATE
No comments:
Post a Comment