Training Summary
Swim: 4 miles
Bike: 37 miles
Run: 2-3 miles
How can I sum up this week?...cold.
Luckily I didn’t have much running planned; it snowed Friday and it’s still icy on the pavements in places. Aside from the usual gym sessions and squash, I was out on the bike Thursday morning for another ride up to the castle. Couldn’t feel my little fingers by the time I got back! Freezing! So like a true Ironman...I girled out at the weekend and spent some time on the bike in the warmth of the gym instead.
3 sessions in the pool since last week. I went to the ‘stamina swim’ session on Sunday. Roughly translated, a stamina swim consists of “there’s the pool, see you in an hour”. Still, it was good to clock up some miles.
Someone asked me this week whether I feel any more prepared for the ironman since I started training. To be honest, I don’t really know. I guess so. The whole idea behind the training is to constantly be exercising within yourself, so that you’re able to train more often and build a good base of stamina. That’s not to say I don’t get tired when I train, I’m just never really testing my limits.
The concept being that the bigger the ‘base’ (of stamina) the higher the ‘peak’ (when I start to really gear up the training closer to race day)...fingers crossed anyway :S Lol lmao
Much love
Markx
No comments:
Post a Comment