Training Summary
Swim: 2 miles
Bike: 17 miles
Run: 12 miles
Hello again.
Not a great week for fund-raising...seems as if the competition from children in need was too much! I can’t compete with Wogan and Pudsey!
The speedos had their first outing this week. Thankfully, there was no ‘outing’ to speak of. In all seriousness though (in case you’re considering a Christmas purchase), you do notice the difference when you’re swimming.
Before we continue, I’ve been asked to clarify (by my Mum!) my genre of trunk. When I refer to my speedos, I’m not talking about the 1980’s holiday abroad speedo or Eastern European hipster. They’re similar to a cycling short, reffered to ‘in the biz’ as a jammer. I’m sorry if this shatters your mental image of my training regime, but I couldn’t face the potential minefield of the bikini line...enough said.
Since we last spoke I’ve been out on the bike again. Much tamer this time as I left Will at home! I’ve been in the pool twice (showing off my trunk(s)!), played squash, ruined myself in the gym and been on a 10 mile run. The new swim technique is becoming more natural, but there seems to be a long list of bad habits I’ve developed. Still, I’m getting there!
It was a cold run this week. Nice and fresh once I got going though. I was back in Plymouth this week so I ran most of the half marathon route from the hoe, up and around Saltram and back again. Clear blue skies and winter sunshine, it was well worth the effort. Sorry I forgot the camera!
I’ve got lots of uni deadlines coming up over the next two weeks, so I think the training may have to take a back seat. I was planning on laying off the long run this week anyway to recharge. I’m going to try and get a longish cycle under my belt midweek...let’s hope it stays dry!
Take Care
x
No comments:
Post a Comment