Monday, 7 February 2011

Weeks 14/15


Week 14
Swim:    4.5 miles
Bike:      62 miles
Run:       13 miles

Week 15
Swim:    3 miles
Bike:      36 miles
Run:       6 miles


So this fortnight I started my ‘3 weeks on, 1 week off’ training circulation. The weathers (cold & wet) making things frustrating bike wise...at the moment I’m going for rides because I feel like I have to, rather than because I want to. My longest ride so far has been a 40 miler, attempting to follow the Taff Trail. Theoretically ‘idiot proof’. Turns out it wasn’t...
...so that’s still on the to-do list!

I think my swim technique is pretty much there now. I just need to work on maintaining a constant pace. I was told that my stroke was ‘lazy’ this week! To be fair, it was/is. I was holding back in order to conserve energy, but the coach’s argument was that if I’m travelling slower in the water, each stroke requires a greater force/ energy input. So in essence, travelling quicker is easier...cue this week’s training focus.

As far as running goes, I did a slow 13 miler in week 14 which was fine. My ipod died 20 minutes in, which was pretty annoying. I was tempted to turn back when it happened but it’s something I’m going to have to get used to; you’re not allowed them in the ironman. I did a run-bike-run session in the gym at the beginning of week 15 and I really felt it in my knees for a few days, hence I’ve avoided a long run in that week.

With regard to comedy slip ups and training hilarity (the reason you’re probably reading this)...not a lot unfortunately (for you)! Although I did go for a ride the other day and took a splatter of something to the lip as I ploughed through a pile of horse poo.Mmmm :?
I’ve brought the mountain bike back up to Cardiff this week so I’m sure things will ‘develop’ rather soon.

Much love

Mark
x

No comments:

Post a Comment