Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Week 10


Training Summary
Swim:    7-8 hours of surfing
Bike:      A what?
Run:       20 miles


Well. Christmas. What can I say?
It’s been said that the ‘art’ of ironman can be described as ‘perfecting the ability to conserve energy’. I’ve certainly done that...quite religiously in fact.

Week 9 was a no training week. Not planned for, it just happened. Ice, family gatherings and festive cheer. To be honest, coming home has thrown me out of my Cardiff routine. Things have got a bit better post Christmas though. I’ve managed to get in a fair few surfs (which I’m categorising as a swim) and a couple 10 mile runs just to get back into the swing of things.

Speaking of which...

On my last run, I was running past the local gypsy site (a must have for all self respecting cities) when two terriers ran out of it barking. Fine, I thought. Dogs bark. Then they start running in and around my feet as little dogs tend to do. Fine. Next thing I know, some grubby little mutt has sunk its teeth into the back of my leg! In retrospect I should have put my foot through its face as soon as it got close, but I had visions of some old lady appearing from behind her car only to see her dog soaring through the air! Anyway, I managed to shake it off but had to go to A&E to have the bite checked out because it drew blood. I hope the thing gets put down.

In other animal news, I was accompanied by a seal on whilst surf the other day. That was pretty cool. And it didn’t bite.

I’m going to try and come up with a training schedule for the New Year rather than just making it up on a week to week basis. Hopefully I should really start to make some progress toward the Ironman then.

Happy New Year!

Mark
x

No comments:

Post a Comment